Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kites and Rainy Days





We have been in Okinawa Japan for a little over 5 months now. I cannot believe it has been that long. Time really does go fast. Anyway, it has been raining a lot the last few weeks/months. The other day Ellana comes up to us and asked for a kite. I have no idea where she got the idea for a kite, Todd nor I ever mentioned one, but she got it in her head and that was it! She was getting a kite. So we finally made it to the store after her asking a couple thousand times if we could go get it now, we got a kite(well 2 for her and 2 for Calan) and got home. It has rained every single day since then. So now I get to hear every 2 seconds if we can go fly her kite and why can't we go fly her kite. Good times!! I will be glad when the rain goes away so we can. I remember going on picnics and flying kites with my parents, and look forward to doing that with my kiddos. All of the rain has led to another obsession for my sweet, silly girl. Rain boots. As I am typing this, she has asked me literally 20 times for rain boots. "Mommy can we go get rain boots for me and brother and you and daddy, pink ones and green and blue and purple and huh huh huh can we please right now momma....". She just keeps on and keeps on LOL Cracks me up!



Calan is such a funny little man. He still does not talk a whole lot, he understands everything he is told, just not too verbal. So when he does talk it usually makes me laugh. Yesterday we were at a playdate/lunch and he came up to me and goes "eat". I told him we would go get lunch in a minute. He threw a tiny fit and then went on his way. So a bit later I go get him and tell him it is time to go eat, he looks at me smiles really big with his cute dimples and rubs his tummy and says "num num". Cracks me up! Then just a bit later, we were in the bathroom changing his diapey and he looks in the mirror and sees himself and says "aww cute baby". LOL!! Love these babies!

No comments: